Our HistoryAmerican Flagpole Company, moved to Abingdon, Virginia in 1983 from Long Island, New York, manufacturing a complete line of aluminum, stainless steel and bronze flagpoles. Production moved into the existing facilities of Hapco Aluminum Pole Products, known as a major manufacturer of aluminum street light poles, traffic signal arms and mast arms and brackets for wooden utility poles.
Hapco had moved from Pittsburgh to Abingdon in 1962, but was no stranger to pole manufacturing.
It was 1843 when Hubbard and Company started making forgings and stampings used by power and communications companies. By 1910, Hubbard mast arms and brackets were the leaders of their day. In 1950, Hubbard Aluminum Products Company (HAPCO) spun off as a separate company, and was later bought by Kearny-National, Inc.
American Flagpole, along with HAPCO, have grown steadily in recent years as the popularity and benefits of aluminum have taken hold in the marketplace. The company is strong and poised for continued growth in the future.
« About Us